Revelation Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salvation...

Go down

Salvation... Empty Salvation...

Post by Servo Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Do you know that God loves you? He does. He came to earth and died in your place because he loves you so much. In 1 John 4:19 the Bible says "We love because he first loved us." This means God loves you just as you are right now. You do not need to "straighten up your life" or "get your act together" or anything else before coming to him. Come to him just as you are and he will accept you gladly. If you would rather speak to me about God privately, feel free to PM me or even email me. adamphillips0413@gmail.com.

If you would like to get to know Jesus personally, please say so here and I will gladly show you the way.

John 3:16 "For God so loved THE WORLD that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him shall not perish but have ever lasting life." This is an absolute statement that God made through the Apostle John, that ANYONE who believes in his son as their savior will live with him in heaven forever.

Do not feel obligated to read any further in this post. Sometimes a lengthy explanation will only serve to confuse people. If however, you feel you need to understand our need for salvation better before making a decision, here is an explanation...

God is perfect and will not tolerate sin (disobedience to him). Adam sinned and God's judgement was death; but God loved Adam and wanted to be with him forever, so he made a way for Adam to temporarily cover his sin with the blood of sacrificed animals. Basically the animals took Adam's punishment for him, but it was not enough to wipe away every sin completely. God gave Moses the Law, but this only showed just how imperfect man really was. Finally God gave us his son Jesus, and Jesus took on the penalty for our disobedience. He died on the cross and through his sacrifice all our sins, past , present, and future are forgiven. When we are judged, God will see that we accepted his Son's free gift of grace and forgiveness and we will be granted eternal life.

Think of it like this...
Pretend you committed a crime and got caught. You stand before the judge who finds you guilty and sentences you to a year in jail. You know you committed the crime and that you deserve the consequences, but a man comes in and insists that he take on the punishment for you. (obviously in the judicial system it does not work that way but its only an illustration) He spends the year in Jail and you are set free. That is basically what Jesus did, all you have to do is believe it.

Servo
Admin
Admin

https://revelationrp.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum